Setting up a Ross Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctor2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email that said that they forwarded my file to one of their regional offices. It also said that they want me to call their Miami location to see if I qualify for an interview. I thought that this was strange. Is this normal? Did anyone else get this email? What happens when you call? Do they ask you some questions to see if you' re fit for an interview or is just to set up the interview date/time if you qualify?

Members don't see this ad.

One of the deans of admissions is in Miami so they want to confirm for scheduling. I would not worry too much. Ross tends to give everyone a chance to impress at an interview.

What are your stats?

McGillGrad said:
One of the deans of admissions is in Miami so they want to confirm for scheduling. I would not worry too much. Ross tends to give everyone a chance to impress at an interview.

What are your stats?

MCAT: 22
GPA: 3.2

I was also wondering how much time after the phone call is the interview? I am out of state, so I want like 2 weeks to make flight arrangements which wont be ridiculously expensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
studentdoctor2 said:
MCAT: 22
GPA: 3.2

I was also wondering how much time after the phone call is the interview? I am out of state, so I want like 2 weeks to make flight arrangements which wont be ridiculously expensive.

They tend to be flexible with the dates unless it is very close to the semester that you are interested in. At least that is how they were with a couplf of my friends that went through the pocess.

Does Ross do phone interviews?

Or interviews in Canada?

jessie said:
Does Ross do phone interviews?

Or interviews in Canada?

No phone interviews but somtimes you can set up an interview on the day of their information sessions.

i guess my post is going to be 3-fold. i'd appreciate any advice:

1) i was selected for a ross interview. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how the interview day went in miami. i looked on SDN interview feedback and made what i think of how it goes. if the order is incorrect or i am missing/adding anything, please correct it:

8:30AM-1PM
Interview (1 on 1, open file, with like 20 questions--60 minutes)
Video (15-30 minutes)
Q&A about video (5 minutes)

2) also, please tell me if i need to look over anything else besides the following:
SDN interview feedback, my application, school website, current events, my senior thesis, CIA world factbook of dominica

3) in addition, when do we apply for rotations in the US? how does the whole process work?