Sexuality issues

ResIpsa

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm a married woman, age 26, and I'm very happily married. However, I must say that I very much enjoy looking at photos of naked women. I love my husband and our sex life is great, but I get turned on the most when I look at photos of naked women. I'm really not into looking at photos of naked men. Ever since I was a teenager I've always felt the same way, but I've only dated men, and now I'm married. I've never spoken about this to anyone, because none of my friends have ever expressed this interest, and when I did sort of mention it to one of my female friends, she acted as if I was a total pariah.

Isn't it perfectly normal to be turned on by photos of the same sex? I don't think terms such as "heterosexual" or "homosexual" are very useful--instead I prefer not to peg myself in one of these categories.

My interest in women--only in looking at them--I don't think I'd want to try experimenting with one--is perfectly fine with my husband. He's very supportive, and doesn't mind when my head swivels when a beautiful woman walks by (by the way, if an attractive man walks by I don't even give him a second glance.)

Are there any other women out there, married or in committed relationships, who can relate? Why does it seem like so many people get grossed out if you think someone of the same sex is hot? Homophobic people make me really uncomfortable.

Members don't see this ad.

ResIpsa said:
I'm really not into looking at photos of naked men.

That's because we're prettier naked than the menfolk are. At least I think I'm prettier naked than my boyfriend. I've got a theory that it has to do with a more continuous line in the female form as opposed to the male form.

I don't think terms such as "heterosexual" or "homosexual" are very useful--instead I prefer not to peg myself in one of these categories.

There's always "bisexual". But anyway, I liked Kinsey's graduated scale of sexuality. I agree that there's no need to try to narrowly define oneself in discrete categories or false binaries.

Why does it seem like so many people get grossed out if you think someone of the same sex is hot?

Really? My girl friends and I have no problem acknowledging when another woman is truly gorgeous (think Catherine Zeta-Jones, who has pretty much unanimous approval among my friends). Of course, we give the pretty boys their due as well. I think what you need to figure out is whether or not these feelings are driven by a sexual desire or interest in the same sex or if you're misconstruing your own sensual and aesthetic appreciation for the feminine. (And no, sensual does not equal sexual.) Or it could be a mix of both and you need to figure out the proportions. But the only time you'd need to be worried about it is if it adversely affects your marriage and your well-being. Otherwise, I'd see this as a "getting to know yourself" deal. Personal identity is a lifelong journey.

ResIpsa said:
Hi there,

I'm a married woman, age 26, and I'm very happily married. However, I must say that I very much enjoy looking at photos of naked women. I love my husband and our sex life is great, but I get turned on the most when I look at photos of naked women. I'm really not into looking at photos of naked men. Ever since I was a teenager I've always felt the same way, but I've only dated men, and now I'm married. I've never spoken about this to anyone, because none of my friends have ever expressed this interest, and when I did sort of mention it to one of my female friends, she acted as if I was a total pariah.

Isn't it perfectly normal to be turned on by photos of the same sex? I don't think terms such as "heterosexual" or "homosexual" are very useful--instead I prefer not to peg myself in one of these categories.

My interest in women--only in looking at them--I don't think I'd want to try experimenting with one--is perfectly fine with my husband. He's very supportive, and doesn't mind when my head swivels when a beautiful woman walks by (by the way, if an attractive man walks by I don't even give him a second glance.)

Are there any other women out there, married or in committed relationships, who can relate? Why does it seem like so many people get grossed out if you think someone of the same sex is hot? Homophobic people make me really uncomfortable.

Umm I smell a troll here.....but if ur serious, head to lipstick lesbian bar (lots in LA), pick up a hottie and invite your hubby in for a 3some, Im sure he wont object.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations, you're a lesbian.

Last edited: