SF Match for CT anesthesia fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pablo94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble determining whether official USMLE and COMLEX score reports need to be sent to me via email (i.e purchased) from NBME/NBOME to upload to my SF match application. Or can I just download my score report in pdf format from the NBOME website and upload it to my online application. Pretty much do I need to buy an "official" transcript/report or can I just upload my score report. Sorry it is sort of confusing, but the SF match website does not specify.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I guess this is the thread for this year? I'm not sure either too be honest, I just uploaded PDFs that I had downloaded of my USMLE Score reports. Also when filling out the field for Step 1 it only gave me a P/F option - even though when we all took it there was still a 3 digit score.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess this is the thread for this year? I'm not sure either too be honest, I just uploaded PDFs that I had downloaded of my USMLE Score reports. Also when filling out the field for Step 1 it only gave me a P/F option - even though when we all took it there was still a 3 digit score.
Lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I don't understand the P/F option. No thread for this year, sort of weird right?
Might be reflective of the overall down swing in fellowship applicants? When do you think is the optimal time to send the app out - would the week after Thanksgiving be too late? Also the 3 question personal statement is a bit odd

Might be reflective of the overall down swing in fellowship applicants? When do you think is the optimal time to send the app out - would the week after Thanksgiving be too late? Also the 3 question personal statement is a bit odd
I am not sure, I think that is fine. I have not finished my PS either. I am having trouble with it as well, Do you think we need close to 300 words for each? is 150 words too little?

I am not sure, I think that is fine. I have not finished my PS either. I am having trouble with it as well, Do you think we need close to 300 words for each? is 150 words too little?
I don't think word quantity matters, if you can communicate your point effectively in 300 words you're good. I'm still waiting on letters anyway

I don't think word quantity matters, if you can communicate your point effectively in 300 words you're good. I'm still waiting on letters anyway
I still havent sent in my application yet either. You think first week or two of Decemeber is too late?

Not too late.

I’d guess there are less (and I’d bet many less) applicants this year. This market is hard to turn down in lieu of another year of resident pay.

Frankly if my application gets tossed because of my essay writing skills over the content (which could probably be boiled down to 4-5 bullet points) then so be it.

My essays at 150 , 300, 200 words. The 300 one is my hobbies lol

My PD said he doesn’t even look at applications till after December. I got most of my invites after December as well. Earlier never hurts but don’t stress if you haven’t submitted yet.

thanks yall. My essays are like 200 words

Members don't see this ad :)
How many programs are you all planning on applying to? I don't have a good understanding of how competitive I'll be

did you attach your ITE and basic score report? If so under where? Under required supplemental form under licenses/examinations it asks for Test scores, did you put your ITE scaled score and Pass for Basic since its pass/fail?

I could not find any place to attach the actual PDF of the ITE and basic score report - so i was not planning on adding it. Under required supplemental form, I put my raw score & percentile in the appropriate boxes. In Basic I put Pass in the score section and left percentile blank.

Follow up question for the STEP scores (1,2,3) I had PDFs that I had downloaded from the USMLE website that I attached. Do i need to have a 'secure copy' sent from FSMB or USMLE directly or no. And if i do how do i even do that

I could not find any place to attach the actual PDF of the ITE and basic score report - so i was not planning on adding it. Under required supplemental form, I put my raw score & percentile in the appropriate boxes. In Basic I put Pass in the score section and left percentile blank.

Follow up question for the STEP scores (1,2,3) I had PDFs that I had downloaded from the USMLE website that I attached. Do i need to have a 'secure copy' sent from FSMB or USMLE directly or no. And if i do how do i even do that
Ok, I did the same. I cannot find my step 2 score report to upload, How did you get your step 2 report? No you do not need a secure copy I am pretty sure

I had the files
Ok, I did the same. I cannot find my step 2 score report to upload, How did you get your step 2 report? No you do not need a secure copy I am pretty sure
I had saved the PDFs from med school when they sent them after the scores were released - so like 4/5 years ago lol. So it was on my hard drive

I had the files

I had saved the PDFs from med school when they sent them after the scores were released - so like 4/5 years ago lol. So it was on my hard drive
Nice lol, Can I add my Step 2 score once I find it/figure it out to my application after applying to programs?

Not sure, I feel like they'll download once but if you prompt them to follow up and redownload then it should be ok. Probably better to submit as one package though.

Sending my app in today, best of luck!

submitted today.

about half of the programs I am applying to appear to want additional documents like med school deans letter emailed to them. very annoying that they don’t put this in their sf match blurb

When do most interviews take place?

submitted today.

about half of the programs I am applying to appear to want additional documents like med school deans letter emailed to them. very annoying that they don’t put this in their sf match blurb

So the mspe? Do I have to contact my med school to forward this information?

submitted today.

Which programs have asked for deans letter?

A lot of them. can check program websites

I was lucky and my current program coordinator had a copy
It's on most program websites but I had a couple reach out to me after I submitted to request more documents

you guys get any interview yet?