SF match query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanjivanand

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an FMG and I graduated in Dec,2004. Internship was mandatory for completion of my medical school degree. Presently am doing MS vision science and my Step 1& 2 scores are above 230. I am aiming to join residency in July 2007.

Going thru the SF macth website, I realised that they are presently matching for Ophthalmology (PGY-2) for July 2008. I was just wondering for the PGY-1 or internship does the NRMP automatically fits u in somewhere or u have to specially apply for that?? And since I already completed internship in my country which included Internal medicine, Surgery each for 2 months period, do I have to again go in for a internship??

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Sanjiv

Members don't see this ad.

sanjivanand said:
I am an FMG and I graduated in Dec,2004. Internship was mandatory for completion of my medical school degree. Presently am doing MS vision science and my Step 1& 2 scores are above 230. I am aiming to join residency in July 2007.

Going thru the SF macth website, I realised that they are presently matching for Ophthalmology (PGY-2) for July 2008. I was just wondering for the PGY-1 or internship does the NRMP automatically fits u in somewhere or u have to specially apply for that?? And since I already completed internship in my country which included Internal medicine, Surgery each for 2 months period, do I have to again go in for a internship??

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

no idea on the foreign internship part counting or not but i can help on the PGY-1 year. You have to apply for a preliminary/transitional medicine or surgery year through ERAS (regular match) separately.

I strongly suspect that you would have to do the intern year again in the U.S.