SF Match Registration Open

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GopherBrain

MARK IT ZERO!!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished registering for the Neurology Match!

Yes, I know there is no real benefit to registering this early, but it makes me feel as if the wheels are beginning to turn.

Members don't see this ad.

I too am applying for Neurology but when I go to the sfmatch website, there is no 2005 matching registration form. There is a 2004 application form, but don't you need the 2005 one?? Are u sure it is updated?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I know but if you look at that application it is for the 2004 match, whih already occured, and for training that begins in july of 2004 or 2005. I assume you are going to be a pgy-2 in 2006, right. I think that is the wrong application and the current one isn't on there yet.

I really don't know what you are talking about. It says right on it "2005 PGY-2 Neurology Residency Match" and then "MATCH DATE: Tuesday, Jan 18, 2005" and "TRAINING BEGINS: July, 2005 or 2006".

Perhaps you need to refresh your browser window.

Hope this helps.

oh, let me try that see if it changes it.
Thanks

Hi!
Does the sfmatch website show the vacancies for PGY2 2005?
Is there any other website from where we can know abt where & how many vacancies are there which are going to start PGY2 neurology in 2005.
Thanks

I would love to see what spots are available in 2005. I already matched, but am still curious about whats available. Could someone copy and paste the open positions for 2005 here?

There is a link for vacant positions on the sf match website.

If I'm not mistaken the list of vacant positions is only for positions starting 2004. The positions beginning in 2005 are only available to registered applicants. I am curious about the 2005 positions.

Thanks....but that link is for positions starting in July 2004.I want to know abt the positions starting in July 2005.

fierce, i'm registered too!!! have you guys thought about where you wanna go? still not very sure where i wanna go, but i know its the hell outta the midwest :) hopefully cali :)

vish~

I'm with you. I either want to stay in MN (either the U of MN or Mayo), or go someplace warm and sunny. Cali programs are probably going to be the bulk of my ROL.

i'm gonna start up in august; but i had a few questions about the match

so the neuro match is separate from the main match?

are the deadlines the same for the neuro and main matches?

what if students don't match? do people register for the main match in addition to the neuro match in case they need to scramble?

thanks for the help

You should check out the Neurology match website for answers to most of your questions. www.sfmatch.org

It is a separate match, but in most cases you stil have to apply through the main match for your preliminary medicine year.

A good website for neurology match questions (disclosure: it is my website) is www.NeurologyResidency.com