SFCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

o898

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
A quick question about SFCOM...I have a friend who was recently admitted to SFCOM but has some concerns about the school. Not that it is a DO school, just that it is so new and she is kinda worried about the disorganization that may ensue with a place just getting off it's feet. So, what I was wondering was: What is the 411 on SFCOM/Touro? Is it a osteopathic school comparable with the others? Is it a organizational nightmare? Any ifo would be helpful.-Thanks, AD

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure about their current organization-- but are you aware of the scheduled campus change? I looked into SFCOM while out in California in December. In speaking with a member of the admissions commitee it was brought to my attention that the campus would soon be occupying an old naval base which she referred to as Mare Island which is located in Vallejo(across the bridge). She frankly stated that it would create "some disruptions". In my mind that could potentially translate to a bit of disorganization.

Thanks for the reply,
Yes...I was aware of the campus change, and does sound like it will be chaotic.It worries me that a school can just pick up and move like that. But what about the school and it's curriculum? And what about this proposed expansion to double it's class size? Does the school have the resources for this? One final question: How are it's clinical training sites? Again, Thank you for any information.
-AD