SFORP probation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chasingdaylight

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Does anyone know much about this program and why they continue to be on probation status? Apparently since 2006. Still the chiefs continue to match into great fellowships.

I spoke with a few of their residents only briefly and they seem to say it´s because they work TOO many hours. I would think that such a problem could have been fixed in the span of 2-3 years.

Would appreciate any other perspectives or knowledge from any veterans out there.

thanks,
stretched

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with a few of their residents only briefly and they seem to say it´s because they work TOO many hours. I would think that such a problem could have been fixed in the span of 2-3 years.

You're assuming that anyone is interested in fixing hours issues.

Such a problem gets fixed at most ortho programs in about 5 minutes. Get all of the residents and the chairman in a room.

Chairman: "Ok nobody is going to work more than 80 hours, so I want you all to record less than 80 hours on your logs. Am I understood?"
Residents: "Yes, sir."

Issue fixed.

Such a problem gets fixed at most ortho programs in about 5 minutes. Get all of the residents and the chairman in a room.

Chairman: "Ok nobody is going to work more than 80 hours, so I want you all to record less than 80 hours on your logs. Am I understood?"
Residents: "Yes, sir."

Issue fixed.

I rotated there as a medical student and trust me.... They do not work too many hours. There must be another reason. Their residency is great and they turn out great surgeons.