stretched

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
CA
Status
Attending Physician
hi all,

Does anyone know much about this program and why they continue to be on probation status? Apparently since 2006. Still the chiefs continue to match into great fellowships.

I spoke with a few of their residents only briefly and they seem to say it´s because they work TOO many hours. I would think that such a problem could have been fixed in the span of 2-3 years.

Would appreciate any other perspectives or knowledge from any veterans out there.

thanks,
stretched

Tired

Fading away
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
I spoke with a few of their residents only briefly and they seem to say it´s because they work TOO many hours. I would think that such a problem could have been fixed in the span of 2-3 years.
You're assuming that anyone is interested in fixing hours issues.

ddmo

BMF
15+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
Such a problem gets fixed at most ortho programs in about 5 minutes. Get all of the residents and the chairman in a room.

Chairman: "Ok nobody is going to work more than 80 hours, so I want you all to record less than 80 hours on your logs. Am I understood?"
Residents: "Yes, sir."

Issue fixed.

ORS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2005
Status
Such a problem gets fixed at most ortho programs in about 5 minutes. Get all of the residents and the chairman in a room.

Chairman: "Ok nobody is going to work more than 80 hours, so I want you all to record less than 80 hours on your logs. Am I understood?"
Residents: "Yes, sir."

Issue fixed.
I rotated there as a medical student and trust me.... They do not work too many hours. There must be another reason. Their residency is great and they turn out great surgeons.

About the Ads