SFSU post-bacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foobytheinsane1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to apply to the SFSU post-bacc, academic enhancer track. The problem I have is that I just found out about this program, but applications for starting in the Summer of 2012 are due on March 1st. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to meet this deadline since I haven't yet started the application! I have found their website a bit confusing, as it seems like some of the information has not been updated, but it looks like they will also admit students for the Fall of 2012. If I'm not mistaken, the application deadline for fall admission is different from the March 1st deadline and isin June of 2012. Is anyone planning on applying to this program in the fall or does anyone know when the application for admission in the fall semester is due? Please help!

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

SFSU admits students on a rolling basis, so they take a students for the summer, fall, and spring semesters. The sooner you send in your application, the better your chances are at getting in. The deadline for the Fall 2012 application is June 1st. Hope this Helps!

Is anyone applying for summer 2014?? (technically, I am. But I'm hoping to push it to fall semester)!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone applying for summer 2014?? (technically, I am. But I'm hoping to push it to fall semester)!
I am/did for either summer or fall 2014. Waiting for a positive response from them.

I also applied, just got all my recommendations and transcripts in. Do you know if it's rolling/when they usually let people know about their decision?

I also applied, just got all my recommendations and transcripts in. Do you know if it's rolling/when they usually let people know about their decision?

I'm not completely sure whether its rolling or not, but I think I read somewhere that they notify sometime around late March or early April

That sounds about right as far as timeframe of decision. But per their post bac website: If all 60 seats in the CCT have not been filled by applicants submitting by the February 15 deadline, late applicantions will be considered.

I just received an email from SF State stating that they had received all my application materials and that my application has been forwarded to the committee for review.

Just got an email last night that I have been invited for an interview 3/15/14. Sounds like a group endeavor they're planning. Anyone else going by chance?

Congrats RockDoc!! When did you turn in your app if you don't mind me asking

Congrats RockDoc!! When did you turn in your app if you don't mind me asking
Thanks. But hopefully the congrats isn't too early. I finished my app on 2/1 with my final reviewer finishing on 2/24; emailed for interview invite on 3/3 and forwarding to admissions committee on 3/4.

Thanks. But hopefully the congrats isn't too early. I finished my app on 2/1 with my final reviewer finishing on 2/24; emailed for interview invite on 3/3 and forwarding to admissions committee on 3/4.
Ohh the last email I got from them was on 2/24 saying that my app was being forwarded to admissions committee but did you get that email after the interview email? I didn't get the email about the final reviewer... Hmm too early to say anything about anything I suppose!

wait are you a CCT or AET RockDoc??

Members don't see this ad :)
CCT. And yes, I did actually receive the interview email prior to the comittee email.

I just got rejected from the AET program, received the email today.

I just got rejected from the AET program, received the email today.
Troubling news indeed for you. I hope your ventures press on well in your favor.

For those that participated in the 3/15 interview, how did it go?

rockdoc, what was the interview process like?
You and the other interviewees gather in a classroom to mingle and compare for a bit over coffee and bagels. Shortly thereafter you will be called by your first interviewer to converse fairly informally about who you are, what are your goals, etc. as well as give you time to ask them any of your own questions. This will be for about 20-30 minutes before they end the discussion and you return to the classroom to mingle once again before you do the same style of interview with a second interviewer. Both of my interviewers were current CCT/AET students and are blind (meaning that they do not have access to your record and really know nothing about you at this point). After both interviews are complete, they'll offer a short tour of the campus, have some final words to say, and your day is done between noon and 1pm. The interviewers will present you in their opinion to the post-bac admissions committee to decide and inform the prospective student within a week or two.

Got the email yesterday stating I'm accepted to Cohort 9.

Reactions: 1 user
Those of you who were invited to interview or accepted into the program, would you mind sharing your stats?