SFU Applicants to UBC Med.

Started by Philo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Philo

Philos
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know why such a low number of students from Simon Fraser University get accepted into University of British Columbia's medical program? I think roughly on 20 applicants got accepted.
 
Philo said:
Does anyone know why such a low number of students from Simon Fraser University get accepted into University of British Columbia's medical program? I think roughly on 20 applicants got accepted.

Out of 200 places or so, I believe, that's a reasonable 10%, which is, believe me, great. Just look at Quebec School, Sherbrook med, which is not that higly ranked in canada, doesn't seem to give 20 places to undergrads from Mcgill, or so i believe also.
 
I wouldn't take that number in a negative way in terms of SFU's rep. I've worked with students from SFU as a senior resident and they've been quite capable.