SGU Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mushroomed

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed my application to SGU and was wondering, what is the timeline to interview? To acceptance?

Does anyone know how quickly the deposit must be paid?
How long do we have to get official transcripts submitted?

I'm so excited!

Members don't see this ad.

I just completed my application to SGU and was wondering, what is the timeline to interview? To acceptance?

Does anyone know how quickly the deposit must be paid?
How long do we have to get official transcripts submitted?

I'm so excited!
You posted this on the wrong website (be prepared to get ripped to shreds by everyone else)

Usually after you submit everything (transcripts, letters of rec, MCAT scores) they will let you know about a possible interview within 2 weeks. You will not get invited to interview until your official transcripts and letters of recommendations are submitted. After your interview you usually get an answer within another couple of weeks. So basically, anywhere from 1-2 months from now you will get your admissions decision.

Your posting history suggests you're URM and already applied to US MD schools. Did you have any luck with your application cycle? You should've applied DO as well. Dont go abroad unless its your absolute last opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
After my file was complete last April, it took about a month to get my interview scheduled. They said it was a busy time for them, so maybe it will be quicker now. I'm loving it here at SGU- good luck, hope to see you here in August!

Members don't see this ad :)
The whole process of applying to receiving an acceptance took less than 3 weeks, maybe even 2. Perhaps my application was expedited because I applied so last minute.

-Fellow Term 4 student

After my file was complete last April, it took about a month to get my interview scheduled. They said it was a busy time for them, so maybe it will be quicker now. I'm loving it here at SGU- good luck, hope to see you here in August!

Hope to be in Grenada this August!

The whole process of applying to receiving an acceptance took less than 3 weeks, maybe even 2. Perhaps my application was expedited because I applied so last minute.

-Fellow Term 4 student

Wow, that’s quick! I have an interview this Saturday and I hope all goes well.

Does anyone have suggestions and what to pack for the flight?

Wow, that’s quick! I have an interview this Saturday and I hope all goes well.

Does anyone have suggestions and what to pack for the flight?

Rehearse the obvious questions like "why medicine?", and be able to talk about your extra curriculums. An inquiry that I remember vividly from my interview is "Tell me about a difficult time, and how you overcame the situation." I would say run a few mock interviews if possible, preferably with doctors or others in the field. Explore the SGU website and do some research on the school. Spend the money, and dress appropriately. I know these seem obvious, but believe me you'd be surprised.

Regarding the flight (once you get in), bring a pillow, bedding, towel, pans, pots, dishes, cups, cooking utensils, sturdy umbrella, pair of scrubs, healthy snacks - honey, nuts, dried fruit, clothing - two hoodies, one pair of slacks and a shirt & tie for the white coat ceremony. Other things that you can bring include: small blender, hangers, white board.

Godspeed.

My interview went well!

How long after acceptance do we have to pay the deposit? How early can we move to Grenada?

My interview went well!

How long after acceptance do we have to pay the deposit? How early can we move to Grenada?

Early congrats! They will let you know about the deposit in the acceptance e-mail. Everyone has to live on campus their first term unless you ask for a waiver (have to have a pet or a spouse usually). Dorm opening dates are in the housing portal, which you will be able to access once accepted.

Reactions: 1 user