SGU - chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NullStrikes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'll be applying to SGU at the end of this school year.
GPA ~ 3.5
MCAT: 23P (2010), 30M (2009).

I am a canadian applicant (U of T), I have a lot of research experience, nserc, international volunteering, etc

Do they look at only your last mcat score? What do you think my chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe your chances are good for admission to SGU esp. b/c of scoring a 30 on the mcat. I don't know what adcom will look at but I think the best score will be favored. However, the school might ask you to explain the recent score outcome such as during your personal interview. I would recommend you to call the office and explain to them of your situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to American DO schools too.

Hey guys:

I am current student in my last year of college.(bio major) i am applying to 8 carribean schools and4do schools in the united states.

My gpa once i graduate will be in the 2.9-3.0 gpa overall (i know its not good)
took mcat in sept did terrible (17) taking it again this may will be aiming to get from 24-28 i can do it.. The first time i had little time to really study due to family issues and me getting sick.
I have voluntered at a hospital, with a doctor took a emt course back in highschool. Did all classes i need plus cell physiology, genetics, experemential design, evolutionary biology etc..

I speak arabic english and pretty good at spanish

so what you guys think my chances are with

sgu
aua
auc
mua
ross
saba
smu

:) i know i wrote a story lol i am just really stressed and hoping for the best i worked like crazy in college to help my family and be able to pay for school. Once in med school no work no family issues complete focus on med school.