Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am finishing the 3rd year now and just wanted to get other people's opinions on what they thought of their rotation experience at the SGU affiliated hospitals.
I'll start and hopefully we can get this thing going.
Hospital: Maimonides/Lutheran
Maimo - too big and stuck-up for its own good. For the most part (and this a broad generalization) not a place to get your hands dirty (not my thing anyway). They call themselves "the best hospital in Brooklyn" and they act like it. The attitudes, especially in surgery are hard to deal with at times. Not very student-friendly, from the organization of rotations to the call rooms: 👎
Luth - much more student-friendly. Education is on par with Maimo (which is not saying very much, I know) The hospital itself is smaller and not as wealthy, but makes up for it in amenities for the student.
I know this is a superficial account, but more details are available if you ask.
Please post your experiences as well.
I'll start and hopefully we can get this thing going.
Hospital: Maimonides/Lutheran
Maimo - too big and stuck-up for its own good. For the most part (and this a broad generalization) not a place to get your hands dirty (not my thing anyway). They call themselves "the best hospital in Brooklyn" and they act like it. The attitudes, especially in surgery are hard to deal with at times. Not very student-friendly, from the organization of rotations to the call rooms: 👎
Luth - much more student-friendly. Education is on par with Maimo (which is not saying very much, I know) The hospital itself is smaller and not as wealthy, but makes up for it in amenities for the student.
I know this is a superficial account, but more details are available if you ask.
Please post your experiences as well.