SGU Interview/Admittance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flgirlangela

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take everyone to be accepted/denied from st. george's after the interview? And how did they inform you? I had my interview a week ago and am dying waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your interview! I would expect to hear from them within 1 month after your interview. I interviewed on March 3rd and have not heard back from them yet. My interviewer said sometimes it can be 2 weeks after interview, but usually you'll hear 1 month after! Best of luck to you :luck:

Last edited:
I heard 2 months later, but I applied back in November. They called me personally to give me the good news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Fellow SGU Applicants!

I am relatively new to posting on SDN so just wanted to say hi! I applied to SGU on March 12. I just received a letter in the mail suggesting I get started on the Rabies Vaccine series. Have the rest of you gotten this yet? Also, how long after submitting an app did you hear about an interview??

So excited...love SGU!

I just started my rabies vaccines last week. You only get 3 and you get 1 one on day 1, another on day 7, and the last on day 21 or 28. It's a tiny needle and you only get 3 shots. One each time. My fear of the unknown was way worse than the actual shot. What hurt the most was the cost. Since doctors don't usually keep it on hand, I ended up paying almost $600 and my insurance does not cover it :(

Hey all!
I had my interview Feb 20th and am still waiting for news. They said people only meet to go over applicants every once in awhile so it can be anywhere from 2-6 weeks. 6 weeks is Sat for me so I am going to be emailing them asking about my situation. I think my interview went well and am a strong candidate so I hope I get in. But who knows with the way the US schools screwed me over this year without an interview anywhere, anything is possible.

I interviewed yesterday and am waiting to hear back. My interviewer told me the committee only meets once a month so it could be a week or as many as 6 weeks. I have been trying to figure out when they meet based on other interview/acceptance dates. I really just want to know soon.....

Here is what happened with me: I interviewed February 26th. My acceptance letter said March 28th. I did not receive it until April 6th, so although it was priority mail, it took about a week to get to the house. I was told it takes 4-8 weeks because of certain AVMA requirements. So, if your interview was yesterday...might have to wait a while. Sorry.

What are u guys doing about getting loans for St George's??

Well, I emailed Krista Nilson annd asked her about the admissions and she said they meet more than once a month but couldn't tell me when they were meeting again. : (

As far as loans go.... I know they have to be private sudent loans and from what I understand only a few lenders will give them to us. Also, We will all most likely need a cosigner.