SGU MSAP VS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whatsmysystolicdoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was accepted into SABA for May term, SGU MSAP for August, and AUA for August. Pretty much narrowed it down to SGU MSAP vs Saba. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards SGU MSAP.

Members don't see this ad.

I did CFP at SGU and am not familiar with MSAP. That being said SGU / Ross > SABA by a decent margin. If you want family, peds, psych, or path SABA could be fine but anything else I would say SGU is worth it. Compare the match lists carefully.

You should do the SGU MSAP. It is a no-brainer. Here's why:
  • It's free
  • It's only five weeks long
  • You do it from the comfort of your home
  • If you pass, you are enrolled into the full August class beginning MS1 (unless I'm missing something)
  • If you fail it, you are still offered enrollment the Charter Foundations Program (which, for reasons I've outlined in detail that can be found in this thread, I personally would not enroll in)
  • You already have acceptances at two other schools that have a solid track record of placing graduates in ACGME/post-graduate training
If you fail the MSAP, then just go to one of the other schools. AUA wants your money. So does Saba. There seems a solid chance, although I can't read the minds of their admissions committee, that they will still offer you a spot in August as well and, barring that, roll you into one of either's January classes.

Alternatively, if you are under the age of 25, you should strongly reconsider working on your application and re-applying to a U.S. school.

-Skip

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How come?

I went to MUA which is their sister school. Same curriculum and same policies. It is not a good program. Don't go their because it's cheaper; it will not pay you back long-term. If you get into SGU, go that route because you will have the best chance at matching. That's a rather simplified response but after being in a Caribbean school for a few years and seeing who's graduating and who isn't, take my word on Saba.

So I was accepted into SABA for May term, SGU MSAP for August, and AUA for August. Pretty much narrowed it down to SGU MSAP vs Saba. Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards SGU MSAP.
Hey! I'm starting the SGU MSAP on Monday, any advice? How are the exams?