SGU off-campus housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FOODMED

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am an incoming first-term SGU med student looking for help in geting an off-campus apt.
1) Is it worth it to live off-campus your first semester (obviously I do have the appropriate excuse)?
2) Please, Please list any current recommendations- this was difficult to find online.
3) I am ideally looking for the closest location to campus and anything with a beach (water) front. Are these reasonable expectations? I will be looking for 2-3 bedroom apt
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all.

I am an incoming first-term SGU med student looking for help in geting an off-campus apt.
1) Is it worth it to live off-campus your first semester (obviously I do have the appropriate excuse)?
2) Please, Please list any current recommendations- this was difficult to find online.
3) I am ideally looking for the closest location to campus and anything with a beach (water) front. Are these reasonable expectations? I will be looking for 2-3 bedroom apt
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

1. Depends on what you want. I lived off-campus from day 1 and don't regret it. You can get cheaper and better housing, but you will have to deal with landlords, rent payments, utilities, etc. You may also have a harder time making friends and building a social network, which can be pretty invaluable.

2. I lived in Mont Tout in term 1 & 2. It's cheap but it's kind of a rough area. Would not recommend unless you're a seasoned traveler and male. In term 3 I moved to Lance aux Epines (LaE). It's more of a US/European expatriate neighborhood, and also the location of the US embassy which is a nice comfort-feature. I rented a really nice studio cottage off of Mt Hartman Bay for $1,100US. It's a bit far from campus, but there is bus service and if you're right on the bus route it isn't a bad commute.

3. If you're looking for something close to campus near the beach and are willing to get roommates, I think True Blue is probably your best bet. Look for something on Prickly Bay, Lighthouse Drive near the Chinese embassy is a nice area. It's right on the bay, you get a fantastic breeze, and probably won't need air conditioning (which is expensive). The apartments right next to Cloud 9 are loud, I would recommend finding 1-2 roommates and renting a house instead.

If you have other questions about Grenada, feel free to PM me.