SGU OR AUC OR SABA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferdamit

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I need help deciding which option is better in obtaining residency precisely in IM subspecialty in cardiology.
A little brief background about myself-- I am a 24 yr old African American female from Nigeria living in NY.
GPA- 3.24
MCAT Score- 502
No I don't plan on applying to US medical schools or DO because I missed last year application cycle to get in this year (I was originally going for PA switched path 3 months to my graduation last year) so I started studying for the MCAT and took it in September 2016. I don't plan on just waiting around to apply this cycle in the hopes to start next year 2018.
So I just applied to SGU based on the reviews i have been getting from SGU Students and working in one of the largest hospital (NorthWell) on Long Island NY they get a decent amount of SGU student in their residence program and actually do hire a decent amount of SGU grads and a few ROSS and SABA doctors.
I just don't want to fully rely on SGU so if anyone who can share their own personal experience or thoughts I truly will appreciate it.
P.S If you plan on talking me out of Caribbean medical school please keep your comment to yourself. I am fully aware of the pro's and cons on applying there. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SGU is your best choice if you must absolutely go to the carib but I'll never understand how URMs just don't apply you'll get in easily with those stats but its your decision. SGU is the safest

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.