Sgu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gpannu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi can someone tell me the total estimated cost for attending SGU and Ross? Also what are the lenghts of the programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently finishing up year 2 at SGU.

Although I can't comment on Ross, my estimated debt at graduation (on full loans) will be about $180k. Depressing, yes! But worth it, I'm sure.

As far as program length, there are 5 so-called "academic years", which are typically done in the usual 4 "calendar years" (I started in August, 2002 and will graduate in May, 2006). I think they separate it like that for financial aid reasons. The first 4 terms are spent in Grenada, and terms 5 and 6 are spent in St. Vincent.

I think Ross may be cheaper?

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions regarding SGU.

--Brian

its about 10k for each semester, tuition alone. we have 4 straight semesters on the island of dominica. and then after that it varies on how much extra you take out after that for personal living expenses. I think its about 8k per term max at the moment. Im not sure. But I dont use 8k a term here.

I dont know how the tuitition is done for the clinical sciences. I know we spend 16 months on this island, then move for 9 weeks to miami, and between the end of that 16 months and 5 months later we have to take Step 1.

I started may 2003, should be done around December 2006 I believe. Give or take a month or two. All it depends if I like where I do my clinicals and just take what they give me, etc...

Will be making the 2007 match.

I expect to owe around 100-120k after its all said and done. Possibly less if I take out less loans. But Im getting some help from my family.

Others I expect to prob owe around 160k I imagine.