May 5, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
I only shadowed one general dentist for 100 hours. I wasn't able to shadow other dentists when I had planned to due to COVID-19 (which I would explain on the application). I also dental assisted for this dentist after shadowing. Will this hurt my application? Would it be better to wait to apply until I can get some more hours in shadowing a few other dentists.

MG14

2+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2018
Some schools do require a minimum amount of general dentists and specialties shadowed. So whatever schools your applying to, verify the amount of hours and number of dentists they want. When I applied 2 years ago quite a few schools wanted like 4 different dentists and specialties.

Last edited:
About the Ads

JLT223

DMD
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2015
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I only shadowed one general dentist for 100 hours. I wasn't able to shadow other dentists when I had planned to due to COVID-19 (which I would explain on the application). I also dental assisted for this dentist after shadowing. Will this hurt my application? Would it be better to wait to apply until I can get some more hours in shadowing a few other dentists.
You’re fine, apply. 100 hours plenty. It’s not like you’re going to get a good chance to easily shadow in the COVID-era.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads