shadowing after submitting application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scdocusc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be shadowing an orthodontist and general dentist all summer. I am applying for the 2008 cycle but I want to include the hours on my application. Is there anyway I can update my shadowing hours? I could tell them I shadowed more assuming I get an interview. However, do I need to have all my shadowing done before I submit? I want to submit on May 20th. Any advise is appriciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to be shadowing an orthodontist and general dentist all summer. I am applying for the 2008 cycle but I want to include the hours on my application. Is there anyway I can update my shadowing hours? I could tell them I shadowed more assuming I get an interview. However, do I need to have all my shadowing done before I submit? I want to submit on May 20th. Any advise is appriciated.

i shadowed in the summer during my app year and my buffalo interviewers didn't ever hear about it, not until i gave them my resume at the interview.

if you have secondaries at the schools you want to go to you can update your shadowing/volunteer experiences that way.

you can't do it through AADSAS once you've submitted your app.

once you submit there's no updating anything except your transcript in January of the following year.

I'd put how many hours you will have completed at the time you plan on interviewing and then be honest and follow through with it during the summer. plus they usually ask you about your shadowing experience.

in the application just say the amount you will have done by the time of interviewing like say you did 100 hrs so by the time they process the application you would have done 100 hrs and no one checks.