Shadowing an endodontist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MolarBear_

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I want to shadow more specialists and was wondering if anyone has had a good experience with an endodontist. I've made inquiries to several and they all seemed reluctant to take on a shadow - even for a day. What have your experiences been like?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I shadowed an endodontist and it was by far my favorite experience. He was young and super ambitious. Additionally, he was happy that I wanted to shadow him, and gave me great career advice, on top of giving me a great shadowing experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice, did he actually let you observe the procedures?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I shadowed an endodontist. I tried to get at least a few hours with all the specialists in my area, with a majority of my hours coming from a general dentist of course. He let me observe a number of different procedures, but it was also easy for him since he had a camera hooked up to his microscope and so I could sit in the corner of the room and watch him from there. I recommend it if you can make it happen. It'll give you a good crash course in what endodontists actually do.
 
I shadowed an endodontist. I tried to get at least a few hours with all the specialists in my area, with a majority of my hours coming from a general dentist of course. He let me observe a number of different procedures, but it was also easy for him since he had a camera hooked up to his microscope and so I could sit in the corner of the room and watch him from there. I recommend it if you can make it happen. It'll give you a good crash course in what endodontists actually do.
Yep, the guy I shadowed had a similar setup. This was one reason why I liked shadowing him so much, because I could actually SEE what he was doing in fine detail, as opposed to other dentists where I was merely watching over their shoulder so to speak.