FloorMatt

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Im going to junior year and this summer I "volunteered" at a hospital dental clinic for 50 hrs. They say its volunteer work because I'm not actually shadowing a specific dentist in there and I'm just hovering over basically all the dentists. Anyway, if a school asks for 100 hrs of volunteer and 100 hrs of shadowing.. What is the dental clinic hrs good for? Do I need 50 more shadowing and 100 volunteer hrs? Or 50 volunteer and another 100 shadowing hrs? Confused :shifty:

hellofuturedentists

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Im going to junior year and this summer I "volunteered" at a hospital dental clinic for 50 hrs. They say its volunteer work because I'm not actually shadowing a specific dentist in there and I'm just hovering over basically all the dentists. Anyway, if a school asks for 100 hrs of volunteer and 100 hrs of shadowing.. What is the dental clinic hrs good for? Do I need 50 more shadowing and 100 volunteer hrs? Or 50 volunteer and another 100 shadowing hrs? Confused :shifty:
I shadowed in a larger clinic as well, but I called it shadowing. I kept records and just put the name of whichever dentist I followed most that day. I wouldn't say it's volunteer work if you were just hovering around