Quantcast

Shadowing Concerns

Start Med School in 2023! Free Accepted Webinar!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorstrange12

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got my App Verified on Friday and got secondaries from Midwestern ATSU and ACOM. I still have to complete shadowing and get a LOR. I assume I won't get that done until September. Any guidance on how I should approach the situation. Is this too late to be considered? Should I email the schools and let them know?
Thanks!

MedStudentGohan

Reaction score
Do you have an MD/DO LOR sent in already, or would this be your first one? My recommendation is to send in all your secondaries as soon as possible; however, I don't think that schools will take a look at your application until it is completed, meaning that if you do not have the 1 MD/DO LOR, you might not be considered for an interview until then. I would expedite the process ASAP.

With regards to having your application complete in September, this isn't necessarily ideal, but it also isn't a deal breaker as well. I had my file completed around this time with, what I would consider an above-average GPA, average MCAT, and pretty good ECs, and I received a few interviews and 1 acceptance. However, YMMV. Lastly, I don't think I would e-mail the schools because there's nothing they can really do. Like I said before, I think they just won't review your app until everything is in.

Reactions: 1 user

DrMikeP

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got my App Verified on Friday and got secondaries from Midwestern ATSU and ACOM. I still have to complete shadowing and get a LOR. I assume I won't get that done until September. Any guidance on how I should approach the situation. Is this too late to be considered? Should I email the schools and let them know?
Thanks!
Let them know in secondary apps that you are shadowing and intend to provide a do lor asap. If you've sent your secondary apps already then email them an update.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 users