Shadowing contact information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCOldie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am not applying this cycle, but I am hoping to apply the next cycle so I am trying to make sure I have everything in line.
With that being said, I just finished shadowing a DO for two weeks and he told me to use his personal number as contact information.
I haven't viewed the medical school application, but I need to know what I do need as contact information as far as shadowing goes.
1. Do I need his phone number or email address?
2. If so, will his personal number be acceptable? I have access, obviously, to his office phone number, but he said that he responds to his cell more often. Should I just ignore his request and use the office number?
3. I am not sure what to use as an email address, if that is needed. Should I just use the office email address listed on the practice's website?

I just basically need to know what contact information is required (if there is any) for shadowing experience and if his cell phone number is acceptable.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You dont need anything for AACOMAS. AMCAS asks for all of that stuff, but AACOMAS is more forgiving. You just say what you did, how many hours, and where/the company and thats all you need.

This goes for everything on your app, not just shadowing.

Reactions: 1 users
You dont need anything for AACOMAS. AMCAS asks for all of that stuff, but AACOMAS is more forgiving. You just say what you did, how many hours, and where/the company and thats all you need.

This goes for everything on your app, not just shadowing.

I wish AMCAS was like that smh lol but I'm guessing ppl might lie more considering the competitive nature of it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish AMCAS was like that smh lol but I'm guessing ppl might lie more considering the competitive nature of it all.

They may ask for contact information during secondaries or interviews. Plus, when talking about made-up activities during your interviews, it can become extremely obvious.

They may ask for contact information during secondaries or interviews. Plus, when talking about made-up activities during your interviews, it can become extremely obvious.
True. I think ppl fudge hours more than making up activities though.

And thank goodness for that. I work 2 jobs while in school so trying to fit in ECs was tough let alone have time for myself lol