Shadowing DO in Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zealtor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on how I can find DOs practicing in Canada (specifically Toronto area) to shadow? I have tried to contact the Canadian Osteopathic Association but they don't answer the phone nor have they responded to my e-mails. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

There is no need to shadow. You just tell the people who interview you that you got to know DO by reading the great DO bible:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i'm from Toronto Canada too. I applied this year and got in to some schools. However, I've also had a hard time finding D.O physician to shadow in Toronto. Since so many schools require D.O LoR, I had to find D.O to shadow down in the states. Took two weeks off my work for this but totally worth it.

Too bad D.O is not big yet in Canada but i'm sure it will and really want to let so many students (who can't get in med and had to settled for pharmacy/radiology tech) to know :p

Since you're from Toronto, you should think about contacting places in Buffalo (only 1.5-2 hours away). There are tons of D.O's here that are willing to let undergrads shadow, there is also a specific D.O lecture series here that gives undergrads D.O LOR if you attend a couple of lectures (once a week; 5 hours). It was well worth it as I got 2 D.O letters via this method, cause I know it would have been too hard for me to find someone to shadow someone back home in Toronto.

I am Canadian and I didn't shadow any DOs before applying (I got my LOR from an MD) and I was accepted numerous places! Mind you, I wish I did do some shadowing.

Since you're from Toronto, you should think about contacting places in Buffalo (only 1.5-2 hours away). There are tons of D.O's here that are willing to let undergrads shadow, there is also a specific D.O lecture series here that gives undergrads D.O LOR if you attend a couple of lectures (once a week; 5 hours). It was well worth it as I got 2 D.O letters via this method, cause I know it would have been too hard for me to find someone to shadow someone back home in Toronto.
Hi,
Can you please specify what the name of the D.O lecture series is? I'm wondering if it's still available. Thank you