Shadowing DPMs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FLPrincessDoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow SDNers!
This is a rare occasion when I do a thread, so bear with me (I usually just lurk threads). I was wondering how exactly do you shadow a DPM. Do I just Google one near my area and call them up or visit their office? How did you get your shadowing hours with a podiatrist? BTW I live in So.Florida. Thanks to anyone who is willing to answer. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Call or E-mail the pods in your area, let them know you're interested in a career in podiatry and that you would love to shadow them if they permit.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that’s what I did. I googled the nearest ones called them up and asked if I can shadow. They are nice about it and usually tell you there and then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you all! ;) I will do it!
Used Google maps. Briefly read about what they do, their providers. Emailed, called. Many replied. I went with the ones that were able to take me right away. Shadowed first one. He connected me with another one who performed surgery. Out of 7-8 docs I shadowed, 5-6 were from google search. 2 were from my own connections.

It works. Do it.

Use the dpmnetwork site (easy google search). It will show you podiatrists in the area who have gone out of there way to let students shadow them.

Reactions: 2 users