Shadowing experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stwei

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who can recommend a good DO to shadow in Chicago? I've got a list of 300 Docs and I dunno which one to choose.

Members don't see this ad.

pick one named johnson, studies show they are the best ones to shadow

I don't know the docs there, but I just sent out 5 letters to 5 DOs in my area introducing myself. I've received two responses so far. The doctor I shadowed today was very supportive and I got to see OMM. He is going to write me a letter of rec. I only shadowed him for 2 hours.

We have some cool DOs out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get their addresses? Most of the doctors listed on osteopathic.org were not up to date, and only listed some email addresses and phone numbers. Anyone know any good do's to shadow in mid/upper nj?

You have to cold-call or write emails.

bgreet said:
How did you get their addresses? Most of the doctors listed on osteopathic.org were not up to date, and only listed some email addresses and phone numbers. Anyone know any good do's to shadow in mid/upper nj?

if you have health insurance, ask them to send you a listing of their networked physicians.

i just got one since im moving really soon and it has like 50/50 md's to do's in family medicine. it has their name, office address, phone number(s), and ssn -- jk on the last part :laugh: . there are literally hundreds of docs in that booklet and it's regional based, if you didnt already know.

btw, this is florida.

GL