Shadowing experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V4viet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I"m starting to shadow a podiatrist right now and i know that a lot of schools require a recommendation from a podiatrist. Do you think I'll get an interview w/ my regular recommendations and jsut tell the admission office that I'll have my podiatrist recommendations into them as soon as possible?

Members don't see this ad.

V4viet said:
I"m starting to shadow a podiatrist right now and i know that a lot of schools require a recommendation from a podiatrist. Do you think I'll get an interview w/ my regular recommendations and jsut tell the admission office that I'll have my podiatrist recommendations into them as soon as possible?

Call the individual schools and ask what they need before you can be considered for an interview. I think Scholl needs the LOR before the interview. However, each school is a bit different in that aspect. After you send a LOR, I would still shadow a POD just to get more experience on the career before you start school.

doclm said:
Call the individual schools and ask what they need before you can be considered for an interview. I think Scholl needs the LOR before the interview. However, each school is a bit different in that aspect. After you send a LOR, I would still shadow a POD just to get more experience on the career before you start school.

Yeah, I'm planning on shadowing a Pod for a week then ask for a rec. I'm going to give the Pod my personal statement and also something about me so that she'll know what to write etc. Do you think a week is enough for a rec? I mean I'm still going to continue to shadow after that though

Members don't see this ad :)
V4viet said:
Yeah, I'm planning on shadowing a Pod for a week then ask for a rec. I'm going to give the Pod my personal statement and also something about me so that she'll know what to write etc. Do you think a week is enough for a rec? I mean I'm still going to continue to shadow after that though

I think a week should be good enough, and your right about giving them your PS, that will help them give the school a LOR more specific to your personality. I believe that you will be fine and able to get into a school this year.

doclm said:
I think a week should be good enough, and your right about giving them your PS, that will help them give the school a LOR more specific to your personality. I believe that you will be fine and able to get into a school this year.

Thanks for all of your help. If I get into Scholl for class of 2010. I'm really looking forward to meeting you. Do you have an SN that we can chat on AIM? You're pretty cool

V4viet said:
Thanks for all of your help. If I get into Scholl for class of 2010. I'm really looking forward to meeting you. Do you have an SN that we can chat on AIM? You're pretty cool

Yeah, if you could explain to me how to do instant messaging on SN. Could you PM me how to set this up? I am trying to check SDN in between running lab tests right now, so if there may be a delay in getting back to you. Later this eve when work slows down, I'll be able to chat with you.

Thanks.

doclm said:
Yeah, if you could explain to me how to do instant messaging on SN. Could you PM me how to set this up? I am trying to check SDN in between running lab tests right now, so if there may be a delay in getting back to you. Later this eve when work slows down, I'll be able to chat with you.

Thanks.

I would download that at work if I could, Mayo has some sort of firewall protection that won't let me download anything, including any type of flash player that is not already installed in their computers. So just feel free to reply back to me on SDN until I get home sometime to download this on my PC.