Shadowing / Interview

Started by Fate90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Fate90

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is shadowing an extremely important part of the interview? I got an invite to interview in this coming week, and I also have shadowing coming up this week (my first official shadowing of a pharmacist). I am not sure whether I will have shadowed before the interview date. Is it better to delay my interview to make sure that I have my shadowing done (more to talk about)? Or would it be acceptable to state that I have shadowing opportunities coming up shortly (which would be occurring after the interview).

Thank you!
 
Is shadowing an extremely important part of the interview? I got an invite to interview in this coming week, and I also have shadowing coming up this week (my first official shadowing of a pharmacist). I am not sure whether I will have shadowed before the interview date. Is it better to delay my interview to make sure that I have my shadowing done (more to talk about)? Or would it be acceptable to state that I have shadowing opportunities coming up shortly (which would be occurring after the interview).

Thank you!

It's not "extremely important" so don't sweat it. I have a friend that was accepted into pharm school based on his GPA alone. He did not volunteer or have any pharmacy experience.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they ask you about your shadowing experiences, I would definitely mention that you have one coming up. Otherwise, just rely on the experiences you do have, I have very limited experience (1x/wk for 2 months, 2 years ago) but they didn't think it was that big of a deal, they would then just move on to my volunteer experience and such. Good luck!! 🙂
 
When they asked you about not having experience, what did you say? Also, what did they reply back to you? I'm just curious because as of right now, I have no experience either.