Shadowing on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocStretch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,
I've got a quick question about how to go about listing shadowing experiences on my app. I've shadowed 5 different types of docs but not for long periods of time (ranging from one to three days each). I don't know if I should list them all together as one experience or note them all seperately. I was originally leaning toward listing them all seperately becuase they were all very different experiences but I don't know if ad com would view a single day of shadowing as significant. Thanks ahead of time for the advice

ps. Sorry if this was posted already, I searched and I couldn't come up with anything.
ppss. Go Pistons :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I combined into one experience and described it in the free text area.

I did the same - combining it into one experience and then describing it a bit - if only because you only have room for 12....

though - i worked in a dr's office for about 5 yrs, got to know the physicians well and got the chance to shadow them off and on; would it be best to put this in a blurb under my work experience or do it separately?

I agree that you should put them together. I would say something like "I have had the opportunity to shadow physicians in the fields of A,B,C,D, and E." Then talk about what you learned from each one or what you learned as a whole.