Shadowing Patient Consent Form

Started by eyeshot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyeshot

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I'm shadowing an optometrist for the first time tomorrow. He has asked me if I have some sort of consent form for patients to serve as a polite way they can refuse if they feel uncomfortable with a shadower being in the exam room, or conversely, to confirm that they are OK with it. Have any of you run into this before? Is there a sample form somewhere that we can use?

Thanks in advance!
 
I am surprised he doesn't have any advice for you as to how to write one up. After all, they are HIS patients.