Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to apply next year (July-August) and I have around 50 hrs of shadowing with three different doctors (all one or two day things) a couple of years ago but I think my clinical experience is lacking so I will start shadowing someone regularly this month. If I continue, do you think this is too late (since its six months before applying)? 🙁
In other words, does this make it seem too much of a late minute thing? of course, it would have been more ideal to start these things at least a year or so in advance...
Edit: I already have clinical volunteering on the side. I just would like to add more shadowing hours and get a more in depth experience of patient care 🙂
In other words, does this make it seem too much of a late minute thing? of course, it would have been more ideal to start these things at least a year or so in advance...
Edit: I already have clinical volunteering on the side. I just would like to add more shadowing hours and get a more in depth experience of patient care 🙂
Last edited:
I just view shadowing to be different from the clinical experience/volunteering etc. They serve as useful complements but idk if one is superior to the other