Shadowing, what to wear

Started by Bendyzebra
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bendyzebra

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I start shadowing a neurologist vet tomorrow in a veterinary hospital. I asked what would be appropriate to wear and if I should wear scrubs, the reply was they weren't picky on what I wore as long as I looked professional. So, the question is. Do I wear scrubs or a business outfit?
 
I would say business/dress-clothes but bring scrubs in case they ask if you'd like to be more involved as the day progresses.
 
If you're worried about how expensive business clothes can be, I highly recommend consignment shops! I have an internship at OSU this month and was asked to bring business clothes for patient intakes. I went shopping at four different consignment shops today and purchased: 3 nice pairs of slacks (2 were Gap brand, 1 Banana Republic!), a black/white cardigan, a few different long sleeved dressy black shirts, a few solid dressy tanks for under the cardigan, almost brand new black flats, and a belt for ~$65.