Mar 24, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Does anyone know how to find a DO to shadow in NYC? I’ve been seeing past posts about something called iLearn? I’ve also been cold calling for a while and I was just wondering if there was an easier way to get into direct contact with an osteopathic physician! Thanks guys!

Mar 24, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Contact Touro-Harlem and NYITCOM and ask
Thanks!! Who should I email? They have the admissions email online but I don’t see specific physicians emails or like a general email for questions not admissions related :(

About the Ads

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
May 10, 2012
Status
  1. Medical Student
Thanks!! Who should I email? They have the admissions email online but I don’t see specific physicians emails or like a general email for questions not admissions related :(

I would just search around on their website, I don’t think they will have a list of physicians for you to contact on their website. A staff member might be able to point you in the right direction, or search the AACOM list of Osteopathic physicians.

Reactions: 1 user

stormking

2+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I was in your shoes last year December. I am actually an employee of a large Healthcare system in NY too. I tried to email and cold call the physicians in my network but no one replied. You need some inner connection to make it happen actually. Don't give up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads