Shadowing?

Started by saha26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

saha26

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to find a DO to shadow in NYC? I’ve been seeing past posts about something called iLearn? I’ve also been cold calling for a while and I was just wondering if there was an easier way to get into direct contact with an osteopathic physician! Thanks guys!
 
Contact Touro-Harlem and NYITCOM and ask
Thanks!! Who should I email? They have the admissions email online but I don’t see specific physicians emails or like a general email for questions not admissions related 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!! Who should I email? They have the admissions email online but I don’t see specific physicians emails or like a general email for questions not admissions related 🙁

I would just search around on their website, I don’t think they will have a list of physicians for you to contact on their website. A staff member might be able to point you in the right direction, or search the AACOM list of Osteopathic physicians.
 
Thanks!! Who should I email? They have the admissions email online but I don’t see specific physicians emails or like a general email for questions not admissions related 🙁
I was in your shoes last year December. I am actually an employee of a large Healthcare system in NY too. I tried to email and cold call the physicians in my network but no one replied. You need some inner connection to make it happen actually. Don't give up