shafted with a HP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LotaPower

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...and I loved my experience so much at this place that I wanna make it my # 1 :( anyone get into their #1 program even though they didnt "honor" the rotation?

Members don't see this ad.

im sure this has happend to at least one of you guys!

I'm sure it's happened to someone too. What's your question?

Members don't see this ad :)
This person got a high pass and not an honors on a rotation at a location they loved. They want to know how possible it still is for them to end up in a residency in this location.

LotaPower said:
...and I loved my experience so much at this place that I wanna make it my # 1 :( anyone get into their #1 program even though they didnt "honor" the rotation?

You're screwed for life now. You should probably just quit and go into Family Medicine.....

GeneralVeers said:
You're screwed for life now. You should probably just quit and go into Family Medicine.....

I've actually thought about it!!! :eek: j/k.. but seriously according to an article i found through SAEM, EM rotation grades count the most, so I think my worries are at least a little justified...

i don't think i'd worry to much, many schools (like mine) are pass/ fail only therefor HP or Honors isn't even possible on my transcript. i don't think i'm screwed out of a residency because of a "pass". of course since i haven't matched yet......