Shame on Coolief - selling their products to and training CRNAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the Coolief system is kind of crappy and the biggest benefit was the advertising angle (being listed as a provider) but I get enough patients without their website that the benefit is minimal. Plus the system breaks down every other use and we spend 5 minutes fiddling with the machine to get it working again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not the toolmakers fault. Plus Coolief is kind of a scam since you can get the same results with 16ga RF needles or with bipolar approach. Shame on Samaritan healthcare - hopefully no patients are harmed but no leg to stand on if they are. Autonomous CRNA pain practice is maybe the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard of. Pain is not nearly as formulaic as basic anesthesia.

Tell me more about this bipolar approach

And quit crying me a river about a company trying to make money

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t use bipolar for knees I use 16ga which is not as big of a lesion as cooled but is bigger than venom or sidekick needles. For other structures requiring a larger lesion I use either 16ga or bipolar 18ga 10mm spacing of electrode tips.
Comparisons of Lesion Volumes and Shapes Produced by a Radiofrequency System with a Cooled, a Protruding, or a Monopolar Probe. - PubMed - NCBI

Thank you for the reference. I'm interested in doing some bipolar burns on difficult to find medial branches or intercostals but the geometry of the lesion seems so variable with two independent needles. That reference seems to suggest though that a bipolar lesion isn't getting me anything?

Thank you for the reference. I'm interested in doing some bipolar burns on difficult to find medial branches or intercostals but the geometry of the lesion seems so variable with two independent needles. That reference seems to suggest though that a bipolar lesion isn't getting me anything?
Knee RF
Some nice diagrams on the Cosman site. The bipolar lesions look pretty huge with theirs..