sharing palm programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coconut lime

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody know if it's possible to share palm programs? i am thinking of buying stedman's for my palm but i want to share it with the other members on my team so we can split the cost. has anyone tried this? does it work?

Members don't see this ad.

Everything is possible, but I think it's a TOS violation to talk about it here...

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, i didn't know it was illegal.....i guess i won't do it then! but if somebody wanted to, they THEORETICALLY could, right?

coconut lime said:
hmm, i didn't know it was illegal.....i guess i won't do it then! but if somebody wanted to, they THEORETICALLY could, right?

Isnt stedman's for PalmOS on a card? If so, then nay, even theoretically you couldnt do it, AFAIK.

A software license is usually for 1 user or 1 device only. It is not legal to distribute or share that piece of software. Theoretically, you can do it, though. Best advice: see if your medical school or an association has member discounts so you spend less...

lf

coconut lime said:
does anybody know if it's possible to share palm programs? i am thinking of buying stedman's for my palm but i want to share it with the other members on my team so we can split the cost. has anyone tried this? does it work?

Aside from being illegal and wrong, it's rather difficult.

But, there are a series of yahoo chat groups called palm_mojo that discuss ways to do this.

phllystyl said:
Isnt stedman's for PalmOS on a card? If so, then nay, even theoretically you couldnt do it, AFAIK.
You can get it on a card, but you can also just download it and put it on a regular memory card. It's a little ridiculous to put on internal memory, since it's 12MB or so.

flighterdoc said:
Aside from being illegal and wrong, it's rather difficult.

But, there are a series of yahoo chat groups called palm_mojo that discuss ways to do this.

Anyone have a link to these groups? palm_mojo doesn't seem to pull anything up at yahoo groups...