Sharing Prep Subscriptions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DishonorOnUrCow

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a 3rd year and plan on sharing Zuku and Vet Prep with a friend (I buy one, they buy the other and then we share logins). Any tips or tricks to sharing Zuku and/or Vet Prep subscriptions? Is this possible without trampling on each other's progress? Can you reset sections? Is one better than the other for sharing? Thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve only used Zuku. Your progress is tracked so that the program recycles questions you miss and stops showing the ones you get correct. Once you finish a section (ex all horse questions) you can’t go back and retake the questions. You’re only able review each practice test you’ve already taken, but you can’t start from scratch and will see the correct answer right away which isn’t ideal for working through things yourself. Maybe when you both finish your own program you can review on the other’s, but most people do just fine using only one program and you’re likely not going to want to do that when the time actually comes. Good luck!

I agree, it would become very difficult since it tracks your progress and specifically decides which questions to show you based on if you got them correct or not. I did not use Zuku but at least with VetPrep, you cannot reset sections, the progress is permanent. I would just suggest swapping the resources of each program with one another - VetPrep PowerPages/Lectures for the Zuku Top 20 for each species. The questions are going to be similar and sufficient for you to prep for the NAVLE.

Also, I wouldn't have had the time or motivation to go through both programs even if I wanted to, lol. Studying for this exam is intense and draining. Plus, I can't recall Zuku's guarantee, but for VetPrep if you hit 80% completion, that's their guarantee that you'll pass and if you don't, they give you another subscription for free to take the exam again. So, if you share the program and in the very OFF chance you both fail...only one gets a new free subscription.

Ah, thanks for the clarifications. I appreciate your responses!