Sharing Resources AAMC and NextStep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Globalcitizen88

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Would it be OK if I share resources with a friend (NextStep and AAMC). I was going to let me use my AAMC account to do practice tests and he let me use his NextStep account. He'll probably be OK giving me his password for NextStep, but I won't be OK giving him my AAMC password, mainly because AAMC is basically the Medical Admissions portal. I was wondering if its acceptable to only let him take the practice exams under my supervision (and probably the vice versa around). I won't give him my password, but he can take the exam and see how he does. (I will have the screen open for him)

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be OK if I share resources with a friend (NextStep and AAMC). I was going to let me use my AAMC account to do practice tests and he let me use his NextStep account. He'll probably be OK giving me his password for NextStep, but I won't be OK giving him my AAMC password, mainly because AAMC is basically the Medical Admissions portal. I was wondering if its acceptable to only let him take the practice exams under my supervision (and probably the vice versa around). I won't give him my password, but he can take the exam and see how he does. (I will have the screen open for him)
I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong forum.

If you read the AAMC agreement you would know that not only is this illegal but also unwise- if you were to do this you are also giving your AAMC ID to your buddy so that they have access to your MCAT scores.

NextStep is only good for it's full length exams. You can receive 1 for free. If you want to skimp on $$ Kaplan and TPR also have free MCAT FL exams.

I'm not a huge fan of sharing resources because you run the risk of having your friend lock the password on you for the NS exams. It would also be crappy to expect free NS material from him without anything in return. If the material matters so much to you I recommend chipping in money for MCAT prep. This exam determines whether you enter medicine or not.

I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong forum.

If you read the AAMC agreement you would know that not only is this illegal but also unwise- if you were to do this you are also giving your AAMC ID to your buddy so that they have access to your MCAT scores.

NextStep is only good for it's full length exams. You can receive 1 for free. If you want to skimp on $$ Kaplan and TPR also have free MCAT FL exams.

I'm not a huge fan of sharing resources because you run the risk of having your friend lock the password on you for the NS exams. It would also be crappy to expect free NS material from him without anything in return. If the material matters so much to you I recommend chipping in money for MCAT prep. This exam determines whether you enter medicine or not.

@Sunbodi I won't be giving him any info for my AAMC account. I will just open up the exam, start it, and basically "proctor" him.