Shelf Exam Vs. Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amimigut

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone:

In terms of difficulties, any comments?

:idea:

Amimigut

Members don't see this ad.

from people I've talked to is that the level of difficulty is probably similar to a shelf exam, but it's almost impossible to compare a 100 q test on paper with only one subject to the all the blocks that are on the computer. From what I've heard is that the hardest part of Step II is the "endurance" factor. Being able to keep focused on each question thought the entire test.

Hi undecided05:

Many thanks for your advice.

Best of luck to you. :luck:

Step II questions seemed a little easier in my opinion, but only if you would have pulled out all of the OB questions and done them right when you were through a rotation.

By the time you add all of the subjects and let months go by since you were at your strongest for a subject, it probably becomes a wash.

In general however, they did not seem as difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the Step 2 was considerably easier than the shelf boards, particularly the surgery and psych boards. Endurance definately plays a big role though.

Are the shelf exam questions in the exact same style as Step II?

Thanks, yo.

Thanks Carm, Starayamoskva for your feedback.

I always have trouble finishing the shelf, on average, I missed 2-5 questions. What about Step 2 questions? I mean in terms of the length.