Shenandoah Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCiccarelli2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who has been accepted to Shenandoah or wait-listed?

Members don't see this ad.

How was that drive up? I remember we talked about it before the interview. You heading back up for the Marymount interview? They actually rejected me but then Shenandoah accepted me so I was stoked regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
It took about ten hours... thought I was gonna go insane. I ended up turning down the Marymount interview because of the cost of the program in addition to cost of living in that area... Ridiculous! Hope I get pulled off the wait list though, I really liked Shenandoah!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank the lord I flew up! When I flew into Dulles I went to Marymount, talked to a security guard who ended up giving me a tour of the place since it was a Sunday and he told me most places were about $1500+ to live around the school. From that point on I was fine if I did not get accepted, that is crazy.

I hope you get pulled off to! I am paying my deposit as soon as I get the letter and information. I liked it a lot when I was up there, is it one of your top choices now?

Yeah I was creepin' on craigslist in the area and the only decently priced place were people just renting out rooms in their houses... No thanks! Yep Shenandoah and Lynchburg are my top two choices.. Fingers crossed! Congrats on your acceptance :)

Yeah the same goes for Shenandoah, I keep checking all of the sites looking at prices, places that may be available etc...Thanks and you never know what can happen so I do hope you get in! At least I will somewhat know someone haha

I was wait listed for Shenandoah, and then got my acceptance about a week ago. I was accepted to the Leesburg campus. Guessing you guys are gonna be at the main campus?

Congratulations! :) I was accepted for the main campus. I am excited, I have two interviews in the next week and a half but if I do not get the good feeling and "high" I had when I was at Shenandoah then I know it is where I am suppose to be. I am from Florida so it is quite a change but I cannot be any happier.

I haven't heard from many about getting accepted, or they just aren't on this forum.

Wow that is a big adjustment! Mine wont be quite as much of a change as I'm only gonna be about an hour from home, but I am definitely excited to be living outside of Maryland for the first time. Good luck with your other two interviews! Hope they go well.

I know, I'm surprised I haven't seen more people on here who have been accepted.

Wow that is a big adjustment! Mine wont be quite as much of a change as I'm only gonna be about an hour from home, but I am definitely excited to be living outside of Maryland for the first time. Good luck with your other two interviews! Hope they go well.

I know, I'm surprised I haven't seen more people on here who have been accepted.

Haha no kidding! I am having beach weather right now while y'all get hammered with snow.

Do you know any others who have been accepted? One person I met up there was wait-listed and that is the only other I know of.

It took about ten hours... thought I was gonna go insane. I ended up turning down the Marymount interview because of the cost of the program in addition to cost of living in that area... Ridiculous! Hope I get pulled off the wait list though, I really liked Shenandoah!

Any word yet ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know any others who have been accepted? One person I met up there was wait-listed and that is the only other I know of.

I saw on another thread a girl I interviewed with was accepted, but that's all I have seen so far.

I saw on another thread a girl I interviewed with was accepted, but that's all I have seen so far.

Well congratulations again and I should be seeing you some come the fall, if I recall they said you would still be doing some stuff on main campus.

Well congratulations again and I should be seeing you some come the fall, if I recall they said you would still be doing some stuff on main campus.

thanks and congrats to you too! and yes im sure we'll be seeing each other at some point

I have been accepted at Shenandoah and sent my deposit!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys!

I'll be attending SUOT in Winchester. I've found apts/townhouses for a great rental price and I'm looking for roommates. Let me know if you're interested.

Hey everyone!

I've been accepted to Shenandoah as well at the Leesburg campus. There is a facebook group as well as a forum thread! Pleases PM me if you'd like to be connected :) Congrats to those who have been accepted!

I was accepted, and had planned on going, but decided to attend a different school last week, so a space will be opening up :)

I was accepted, and had planned on going, but decided to attend a different school last week, so a space will be opening up :)

Just curious, what changed your mind about SU?

Just curious, what changed your mind about SU?
I just felt like the interview day was so disorganized, which made me so nervous. I went back and took a tour of the facility and it was fine, but in the end I felt like Marymount had better facilities, plus I felt a better connection with the professors at Marymount. It's hard to explain...I wanted Shenandoah to be right for me, it would have been the "easier" choice (location is better, it's less expensive, etc.)...but it just wasn't the school for me in the end.