You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Shenandoah University School of Pharmacy
Started by AspiringPharmD2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whats ur stat?Hi you have good experience just nail the PCAT (85+) to offset your GPA and you should be alright in my opinion. That's what I did but my GPA was slightly higher and I didn't have a lot of Pharmacy experience.
whats ur stat?
Currently 3.09 GPA and 85 PCAT but my GPA was 2.98 when I was accepted.
I interviewed in Nov, but was told that my application will be reviewed again after I submit the updated courses I took in Fall 2013. I am not in the waitlist either. So what is my status? Anybody in this case before? thanks for your idea!
I think Stephanie said that they will pick the people has a high score in the interview...and will keep looking at your rest and fill the spot. I believed. When and what campus did you interview at?
Has anyone received acceptance package in the mail yet? I interviewed in nov, got the acceptance email, but still haven't received the actual acceptance package yet..I called stephanie and left voice msgs and sent e mails too but still no reply..Please let me know if any of you received the acceptance package or heard back from Stephanie regarding this...thanks
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I spoke to her last week and she said we would be getting them this week. If you called during the holidays Stephanie was out of the office the entire time until Monday or Tuesday last week.Has anyone received acceptance package in the mail yet? I interviewed in nov, got the acceptance email, but still haven't received the actual acceptance package yet..I called stephanie and left voice msgs and sent e mails too but still no reply..Please let me know if any of you received the acceptance package or heard back from Stephanie regarding this...thanks
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Before this I got an email saying we should get them before the 1st of the year and an apology because they were updating forms.
It takes them forever ... had an interview at Ashburn but havent received any decision , keep asking and keep waiting. It's better to have an interview at Winchester locationHas anyone been accepted to the Ashburn campus?
Have anybody received their acceptance package from Shenandoah University yet... I'm so worried even though I'm not suppose to be worried.
I feel like I dont know the next step to take especially since I will be moving from another state to Virginia
Someone please talk to me!!!
I feel like I dont know the next step to take especially since I will be moving from another state to Virginia
Someone please talk to me!!!
Have anybody received their acceptance package from Shenandoah University yet... I'm so worried even though I'm not suppose to be worried.
I feel like I dont know the next step to take especially since I will be moving from another state to Virginia
Someone please talk to me!!!
Nope I haven't received mine either. I'm not too stressed over it. I did go ahead and fill out my Fafsa though. I'm moving from another state also.
Thanks Jasscript,Nope I haven't received mine either. I'm not too stressed over it. I did go ahead and fill out my Fafsa though. I'm moving from another state also.
That really is a sigh of relieve, I thought I'm the only one who have not receive the package, I already sent in my acceptance fee so I'm gonna go ahead and fill out my fafsa.
Once again thanks... Do you already have plans for accommodation, have you started looking for one and what state are you moving from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're welcome!!!
I actually haven't sent in my acceptance fee. I guess I'll go ahead and contact Stephanie. I've joined the FB page and will be moving from OK. Where are you moving from?
I will be moving from Ohio, I joined the FB group sometime last week. Its not much going on there tho. What are your plans for accommodation?
Last edited:
I will be moving from Ohio, I joined the FB group sometime last week. Its not much going on there tho. What are your plans for accommodation?
I've been looking at townhouses and apartments, and even renting a house. I'm not making any final decisions until I get there, since I'm not finding many cheaper options online. My boyfriend lives in Richmond, so I'll be crashing at his place for a few days. I also have a son, that will be moving with me so I'll probably be renting by myself. I'm moving at the end of July to give myself time to settle in.
Good for you... I think thats what I'm gonna do at least for the first year and afterward maybe get a room mate.I've been looking at townhouses and apartments, and even renting a house. I'm not making any final decisions until I get there, since I'm not finding many cheaper options online. My boyfriend lives in Richmond, so I'll be crashing at his place for a few days. I also have a son, that will be moving with me so I'll probably be renting by myself. I'm moving at the end of July to give myself time to settle in.
I got accepted here with lower stats than anyone else on this thread...so theres hope for you.
Not everyone is the same and different aspects of the application/admission process give each individual a certain edge. Knowing my stats will not help your chances of getting in, especially if your not confident, even if you have nothing to back that up with.
Last edited:
My stats are horrible, no offense taken, I'm deleting that thread out of embarrassment actually. But I didn't listen to anyone around me unless they had something useful for me in my journey. Regardless of anyones opinion I'm going to be a P1 student Fall 2014 and I'm the happiest guy in the world...
What are your stats if you don't mind sharing? and when did you apply?
Hey guys, I interviewed at the Winchester campus on January 20th and I still haven't heard one way or the other and the website says you will know within 2-3 weeks either way, but I haven't heard anything. There has been a lot of snow in the area recently I don't know if that has delayed the process. I was wondering how long it has taken you guys to find out if you were accepted or not. It's torture waiting haha. Thanks. Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those interviewing.
I interviewed on the 7th, i received an email on the 21st saying that i was accepted to a school that participates in background checks and thats the only school i interviewed at so far.
Congrats, idk what to think, did I not get accepted or what. It's stressful. Your suppose to hear one way or the other so I guess it's good I haven't heard anything yet, which means I haven't been denied yet either. Which campus were u accepted to firsttimer313 if u don't mind me asking?
winchester but I'm thinking about asking about the ashburn campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the encouragement; I am extremely nervous my stats were all above a 3.00 but; I am nervous about the fact I have two prerequisites to fulfill; and also my pcat was not stellar. Any tips for interview; I interview tomorrow at 3 pm..
Thanks,
Thanks,
winchester but I'm thinking about asking about the ashburn campus.
i pm youThanks for the encouragement; I am extremely nervous my stats were all above a 3.00 but; I am nervous about the fact I have two prerequisites to fulfill; and also my pcat was not stellar. Any tips for interview; I interview tomorrow at 3 pm..
Thanks,
how long was the wait for you?It takes them forever ... had an interview at Ashburn but havent received any decision , keep asking and keep waiting. It's better to have an interview at Winchester location
I have an interview at Winchester this upcoming Saturday . I'm extremely nervous bc it's a ~30 interview I want to do my best. Flying tomorrow from CA to VA is not helping my stress level either. Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Questions that was asked on your interview.
Would you mind sharing why you choose Shenandoah pharmacy school?
Any advice would help. Thanks
Would you mind sharing why you choose Shenandoah pharmacy school?
Any advice would help. Thanks
Hi everyone
I'm a bit late to post, but I have a few questions. I was invited for an interview and will be coming from Colorado - I have already been accepted to 2 other pharmacy schools, but I really want to move to Virginia. I'm kind of debating right now on whether I should accept the interview or not - I have a horrible PCAT score and am re-taking organic chemistry I this semester for a better grade. Although I would love to attend the interview, I'm not sure if I would have a chance of being accepted. Aside from my downfalls on my application, I do have a Bachelors in Accounting, 2 years pharmacy tech experience, volunteered at a hospital and 7 years assistant manager at a dental office - GPA about 3.3. Any input is appreciated!! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already!! 😀
P.s. can someone tell me how much the tuition would be approximately? I know on their website it says $15,942 per semester but does that include all the extra fees as well or is it just the tuition?
I'm a bit late to post, but I have a few questions. I was invited for an interview and will be coming from Colorado - I have already been accepted to 2 other pharmacy schools, but I really want to move to Virginia. I'm kind of debating right now on whether I should accept the interview or not - I have a horrible PCAT score and am re-taking organic chemistry I this semester for a better grade. Although I would love to attend the interview, I'm not sure if I would have a chance of being accepted. Aside from my downfalls on my application, I do have a Bachelors in Accounting, 2 years pharmacy tech experience, volunteered at a hospital and 7 years assistant manager at a dental office - GPA about 3.3. Any input is appreciated!! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already!! 😀
P.s. can someone tell me how much the tuition would be approximately? I know on their website it says $15,942 per semester but does that include all the extra fees as well or is it just the tuition?
I interviewed last week and got my acceptance today!!
Congrats! May I ask about your stats? Also PCAT score? Thanks.I interviewed last week and got my acceptance today!!
Hello, I was recently accepted to Shenandoah and will be attending the Winchester campus in the fall. Congrats to everyone who was also accepted. It's not easy getting in to schools, and you should all applaud yourselves for getting through the hardest part!
Is anyone looking for a room mate, or would anyone like to get together to figure out housing for this upcoming year?
Is anyone looking for a room mate, or would anyone like to get together to figure out housing for this upcoming year?
Last edited:
Hello, I had a cumulative GPA of 3.4 but on PharmCAS that converted to about a 3.6. My composite PCAT score was a 427. Hope that helps 🙂Congrats! May I ask about your stats? Also PCAT score? Thanks.
yay, congrats! 🙂Just accepted to Winchester, 🙂
Hey can someone please post a link to the FB page for our class? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, can someone help me? i want to know about how long it take an official package to get received?
HiHi Everyone,
I was looking for 2018 SU thread but I could not find one. So, I'm starting one here. I had an interview last week at Ashburn campus. I loved everything about the school, and it's one of my top choices. I am waiting to hear back soon ! What about you guys ?
Did you hear anything back ? I’m also applying for 2018
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K