Shenandoah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtstargazer9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone that applied to Shenandoah still waiting to hear about an interview? If so, when did you apply?

And for those who have gotten an interview invitation for Shenandoah, when did you send your application?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my PharmCAS application on Oct 26. Print out mailed on Nov 9. Received an e-mail from them a couple of days later saying they got my application and asked for the supp. app. fee. So I mailed in the supp. app. fee. Got a call to schedule an interview on Jan 8.

Submitted to PharmCAS on October 4
Mailed out to schools on October 23
Received Interview Request on November 13
Interviewed December 1
Accepted December 21

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey... vtstargazer.... do you go to Tech?

hey i mailed my application in oct. interview dec. accepted dec. For those of you who got accepted do you know about your living arrangements?

Applied awhile ago, like early October. Absolutely no word from them since the email telling me they got my stuff.

Stats:

3.4 GPA
85 PCAT
4 years parm tech experience

i just interviewed on friday, and found out monday that i was accepted ... it did seem like they were still contacting a bunch of people to set up interviews ... but i'm not positive about that ...

Hey... vtstargazer.... do you go to Tech?

Yeah, I do go to Tech.

I didn't submit my application til mid-December, and I'm kinda curious if that was too late. It seems like a lot of people submitted their's a lot earlier.

I have an interview there on Feb. 19. Don't know what to expect to be honest. They contacted me in the middle of January and said that was the next possible date on campus.

Hey, I'm from Winchester originally, so I'm living with my parents for the 1st year... ;)

I would suggest you try to get into Stuart's Hill or Pemberton... These are two apartment complexes that are near my house and by way of Rt. 37, maybe 5 minutes away from Shenandoah's campus by the hospital. They are probably the most expensive of the ones in Winchester, but I have heard very good things about them. Try to stay away from Orchardcrest and Peppertree... I feel like they are in a rougher area...

Someone a while back talked about condos... my grandmother lives in one right outside the city limits in Frederick County and loves it. You could buy one flat out, or a lot of them are up for rent. When we were looking around earlier before I decided to live at home, the condo rent was about the same as Stuart's Hill and Pemberton....

By the way... here is the website for Stuart's Hill...http://www.stuart-hill.com/stuarthill/index.cfm

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Do you know how I could find a condo to buy? and the prices of condos...I already called stuart hill but i do not know about the other apt. complexes mentioned. Thanks again. :)

I live in Peppertree currently, it is "rougher" but also much cheaper. I don't feel any less safe here. I actually know several people at Stuart hill who have had problems with car break ins

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in Peppertree currently, it is "rougher" but also much cheaper. I don't feel any less safe here. I actually know several people at Stuart hill who have had problems with car break ins

I knew pretty much the second I put in that message that I had written it poorly. :oops:

The best thing I can suggest is to come out to Winchester and look around at the area... that's the only way you can see what you are comfortable with and all that. "Rougher" wasn't the best way to have said that... I think it might be better to say that the apartments in that area are a little older than some of the others.

Sorry again... :oops:

Did anyone get asked to send any info directly to the school. I submitted my app. in Dec, received an email that they received my app, and I just got a letter saying that they were reviewing everything but wanted me to send my transcripts directly to the school:confused: . Pharmcas has everything, so I am a little confused. I will call in the morning but I just got home. Thanks!

i am still waiting as well. applied in november, havn't heard a word other then they have everything. :(

I just got an invite 2 days ago via phone message. I was very surprised. Does anyone know if all the seats are taken? I heard they still interview people after the seats are filled to compose the alternate list. The trip there would be very expensive for me, and I would hate to go all the way out there just to be considered for the alternate list.

hey...i was wondering if it wasn't to much trouble you could give me the contact info of Peppertree. I wanted to call up places before I visited Winchester again to figure out living arrangements for next year. Do you like where you live? Anyways thanks for any help :)

Yeah I love it at Peppertree. It's pretty much close to everything, takes me about 10 minutes to get to school. There's a bunch of pharmacy/nursing students that live here.

Here's a great housing link:

http://su.edu/parents/pp6.asp

Yeah I love it at Peppertree. It's pretty much close to everything, takes me about 10 minutes to get to school. There's a bunch of pharmacy/nursing students that live here.

Here's a great housing link:

http://su.edu/parents/pp6.asp

Thank you so much for all your help. I will def. look at this website before I visit VA in a couple weeks to find a place to live for the fall. When do you think I should sign a lease for living arrangements for the fall? Thanks again. that website was a great help.

Signing really depends on the availability of places at the different complexes. I had to sign in June at peppertree because nothing was opening until september and that was too late

Yeah in regards to a previous post are all of the admission seats filled already and the people who are being interviewed are being done so to fill the wait list. Is this true? Thanks

I have the impression that even though seats may be full....it's possible to still get a seat because deposits are not due until March. So around there, things will begin to flux.

Good luck guys.

I just have an interview there next week and if I realistically don't have a shoot on getting into the school i don't want to drive 5 hours and pay for a hotel room you know. Sigh. Looks like a really nice school too.

I just have an interview there next week and if I realistically don't have a shoot on getting into the school i don't want to drive 5 hours and pay for a hotel room you know. Sigh. Looks like a really nice school too.
Have you gotten into a school yet? Is this one of ur top choices? If it is, I'd do it.

na not yet 6 interviews all the schools say i should hear in early march to april. i would like to get in there yes. My first choices are st. john fishers, maryland and buffalo. Im going to go to the interview isn't worth turning down. haha. just complaing a little.

In regards to the seats full question, that is something we students are not privy too. The only advice I can offer you is to take the interview. The school is awesome, the curriculum isn't too bad but you learn everything you need to, the faculty are top notch, the staff are all nice. I could go on forever. They seat 75 people a rotation if you get on a list or anything, several of my classmates were waitlisted and still got in. People find other choices of schools and the spots do open up.

Good luck!

In regards to the seats full question, that is something we students are not privy too. The only advice I can offer you is to take the interview. The school is awesome, the curriculum isn't too bad but you learn everything you need to, the faculty are top notch, the staff are all nice. I could go on forever. They seat 75 people a rotation if you get on a list or anything, several of my classmates were waitlisted and still got in. People find other choices of schools and the spots do open up.

Good luck!

I really, really, really hope my interview (last Friday Feb. 9) was for an open seat. Shenandoah is one of my top choices and I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do if I get another wait-list letter.

Also, maybe I am mistaken, but I could have sworn that the student that took me around for the tour said they were increasing class size to 120-ish?

Who interviewed you guys? Just wondering :)
There are people in my class that interviewed very late! So there are spots open...
I don't know about this 120+ class size. But with the Ashburn teleconferencing it definitely opens up more seats.
Like Glycerin or roxybury (I forget) said, people get into other schools (maybe their top choices) and seats open up throughout the whole summer. If this is your first or only interview I would absolutely take it!
Good luck guys and congrats to all of you who have been accepted :)

I had Dr. Smith interview me.... I thought it was a great interview, more of a conversation than anything else.... I actually felt good walking out of it

Can anyone say how it is decided whether we are at the Ashburn campus or in Winchester? I called Dr. Kirkpatrick a couple weeks ago to ask, and she didn't really give a lot of information about it. I'm a little concerned because my parents live in Winchester and I was depending on living with them for the 1st year of school, so I really want to be there and not in Ashburn. Can anyone help me out???

Thanks!

All of the people who are at the Ashburn campus are in the pharmacogenomics program/ pharmd program. All the winchester students are just pharmd. So unless you did 3 years undergrad at GW, you probably arent gonna be at ashburn lol

Thank you! I was a little concerned, I don't know too much about the Ashburn campus.

All of the people who are at the Ashburn campus are in the pharmacogenomics program/ pharmd program. All the winchester students are just pharmd. So unless you did 3 years undergrad at GW, you probably arent gonna be at ashburn lol

Hey that's not necessarily true... some of the kids at Ashburn already went to GWU. But they also put some overfill from transfers into the PharmD at Ashburn.
If you guys do a search on this forum for "ashburn" and "shenandoah" you'll find posts from students last year who did not apply to ashburn and were accepted for that campus only. You might do that and PM one of the posters. I wouldn't stress it too much though- the vast majority will be accepted at the main campus.