Short Mednax?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is NC the Canary in the coal mine for Mednax? Sell short?

Members don't see this ad.

is NC the Canary in the coal mine for Mednax? Sell short?

I am seriously considering it too. I don't normally invest in/short individual entities like that, but I think I will this time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have experience working with Mednax? I see a location not too far from me offering 1 week on/off (26 wk vacation) for ~325-350K

I think their troubles has already been priced in by the market. They have already lost 50% of their value since their peak in 2015. Also, remember that anesthesia only make up 30-40% of their revenue. Their revenue from Charlotte makes up <10% of their anesthesia revenue... so I wouldn't short them, but Im more of a long term investor and I almost never short anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Mednax has been flat for a very long time. I think they may be looking to sell as well.

Anyone have experience working with Mednax? I see a location not too far from me offering 1 week on/off (26 wk vacation) for ~325-350K

Most likely a job signing charts and absorbing liability for CRNAs during the week and taking call on the weekends 7 days in a row. Just say no.

Would short Envision, look up their balance sheet. Their costs of doing business and liabilities are huge, revenues are same or less. Not sure if they will survive..