Short Personal Statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DollarNaDream

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've completed my personal statement and it's about half of what the maximum is.. Do you think this will reflect poorly on me? I've pretty much explained what I wanted to get across.

Members don't see this ad.

4500 characters with spaces is a page. Half a page? How?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recall that mine was quite short and I got in

Content over bs. If you can expand without being bs and pandering to things that don't reflect you, then I would expand. Otherwise, oh well. Just don't drop the word passion like 50 times and make sure you know what you're getting into and why you're choosing pt over other healthcare professions. For you.

Content over bs. If you can expand without being bs and pandering to things that don't reflect you, then I would expand. Otherwise, oh well. Just don't drop the word passion like 50 times and make sure you know what you're getting into and why you're choosing pt over other healthcare professions. For you.

Could not agree more. Write what you need to to convey your point. I cannot remember ever looking at the length of a personal statement and thinking, "well that is too short to be an acceptable grad student and PT." If anything I applaud the brevity initially, but the content is what is important.

Haha I still don't get it! Two short paragraphs about a page-long vision sounds very hard to make convincing. You're literally saying "I will do so and so because I love so and so and have so and so qualities...." and you're out of room but you still need to support your stance. I'm sitting at the word limit, and my paragraphs have been stripped to the bare minimum, and I don't like it.

Mine is too long that I have a hard time picking which things to focus on.