Short term volunteering recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLO

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend volunteer organizations that have 1-2 week projects in Ophthalmology preferably in Africa that I can donate my time to? I have two weeks to kill during my last year of med school and thought I'd do something productive. Alternatively I guess general medicine would be good too, but since I'm wanting to go into ophthalmology I thought it would be more interesting.

All I've found is Unite for Site (screening for cataracts). Googling is making my eyes hurt.

Thanks! :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

SLO said:
Can anyone recommend volunteer organizations that have 1-2 week projects in Ophthalmology preferably in Africa that I can donate my time to? I have two weeks to kill during my last year of med school and thought I'd do something productive. Alternatively I guess general medicine would be good too, but since I'm wanting to go into ophthalmology I thought it would be more interesting.

All I've found is Unite for Site (screening for cataracts). Googling is making my eyes hurt.

Thanks! :sleep:

Dude...Enjoy these two weeks and have fun! :)