Shortened exam times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kisabella99

Reaction score
They're shifting the MCAT from 7.5 hr to 5.5 hr. Does anyone know the new times for each of the sections? How will the question #s change? (Is there an official outline for the change?) How should I adjust my study routine? How will these scores be looked at my med schools compared to the 7.5 hr exams? I'm totally stressed right now, anyone have any info/advice? Or advice on how to study in general??

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They're shifting the MCAT from 7.5 hr to 5.5 hr. Does anyone know the new times for each of the sections? How will the question #s change? (Is there an official outline for the change?) How should I adjust my study routine? How will these scores be looked at my med schools compared to the 7.5 hr exams? I'm totally stressed right now, anyone have any info/advice? Or advice on how to study in general??

48 questions each section and a bit less time per question.

Use the normal practice material you would use to study but stop at question 48 if you are mimicking the new test.

Reactions: 1 user
48 questions each section and a bit less time per question.

Use the normal practice material you would use to study but stop at question 48 if you are mimicking the new test.

hmmmm.. Perhaps it would be beneficial to continue practicing as usual for all sections but CARS? Simply because CARS has been shortened by a single passage but the science sections haven’t necessarily been shortened by the collection of freestanding questions that are always at the end.

Reactions: 1 user