Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone on this forum ruled out the longer residencies like cardiology, neurosurgery, plastics, cardiothoracic surgery etc because of your age factor?
here's my deal, i'll be 42 when i finish up med school - and I don't want to be hitting 50 when I'm ready to practice. Hence I am considering either EM or Anesthesia. Not that these are bad specialities at all.
Anyhow, my question's is EM a good specialty for the non-trad? Does it burn you out quicker? Considering I need to practice until I'm 65 to make this whole thing worthwhile, is EM a feasible way to go?
Feedback would be appreciated. will cross post this on the EM forum also.
here's my deal, i'll be 42 when i finish up med school - and I don't want to be hitting 50 when I'm ready to practice. Hence I am considering either EM or Anesthesia. Not that these are bad specialities at all.
Anyhow, my question's is EM a good specialty for the non-trad? Does it burn you out quicker? Considering I need to practice until I'm 65 to make this whole thing worthwhile, is EM a feasible way to go?
Feedback would be appreciated. will cross post this on the EM forum also.
I did want to make sure that my husband wouldn't have a $150K debt to remember me by, if I got hit by a truck.