shot at upenn without research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kneecoal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
they seem to emphasize it pretty heavily... if you're just average, is it a no?

Members don't see this ad.

they seem to emphasize it pretty heavily... if you're just average, is it a no?

Good GPA + DAT >>>>>>>> Research.

Research is only icing on the cake, assuming u have a cake. Icing w/o cake is disgusting. Likewise, research is never a deal maker/breaker.

I bet there will be someone thinking "well I just eat the icing and throw away the cake," but lets not take my analogy too seriously.

Let's face it... Penn is a research school. If you show no interest in research, there are better and cheaper schools to go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
If research was really that big of a deal to them, don't you think they would ask about it in their secondaries?

Good GPA + DAT >>>>>>>> Research.

Research is only icing on the cake, assuming u have a cake. Icing w/o cake is disgusting. Likewise, research is never a deal maker/breaker.

I bet there will be someone thinking "well I just eat the icing and throw away the cake," but lets not take my analogy too seriously.

Mayo on a sandwich, butter on toast, mustard on a hot dog. I could keep going with better analogies...

Mayo on a sandwich, butter on toast, mustard on a hot dog. I could keep going with better analogies...

The only one that really works is mustard on a hotdog. I've known many of men to eat just the mayo, or just the butter.

I did basically no reasearch, too and got in, although I am not going there..

ok, thanks. i was just wondering since their mission statements mention research like 4 times.