Shot in the dark....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LonghornJPS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if ANY of you out there can help me out. My dad is about ready mentally to undergo a TKA. Problem is, he lives in Hendersonville, NC (close to Asheville) and I don't know which orthopod in that area I should send him to. As I live in Iowa, I don't have any contacts to confer with. Anybody have thoughts about this? I posted this same Q in the ortho forum, but so far no response. He's pretty healthy, only has HTN, no cardiac issues or other comorbidities.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hook 'Em!!!!
LonghornJPS

Members don't see this ad.

LonghornJPS said:
I would like to know if ANY of you out there can help me out. My dad is about ready mentally to undergo a TKA. Problem is, he lives in Hendersonville, NC (close to Asheville) and I don't know which orthopod in that area I should send him to. As I live in Iowa, I don't have any contacts to confer with. Anybody have thoughts about this? I posted this same Q in the ortho forum, but so far no response. He's pretty healthy, only has HTN, no cardiac issues or other comorbidities.

Hook 'Em!!!!
LonghornJPS

I know some GREAT ones in Alabama...but that's still kind of far away.

My only advice is to go to an orthopod that specializes in knees. While any general ortho could do a good job, I would rather go to a doc that does mostly knees all day long.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest looking at Wake Forest..It's not too far from Hendersonville and they have a solid program. Can't recommend anyone specifically but take a look at their website...

LonghornJPS said:

Hook 'Em!!!!
LonghornJPS

Look for a dude named Bobby Lilgeberg...I trained with him and he's a stud...last I knew he was in Ashville NC. Great orthopedist.

jetproppilot said:
Look for a dude named Bobby Lilgeberg...I trained with him and he's a stud...last I knew he was in Ashville NC. Great orthopedist.
Thanks to Jet and all who responded, I really appreciate it.