Should a MD/PhD PS be Diff. from a MD PS?

Started by sully677
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sully677

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am writing my PS right now, and I was wondering if my PS should be different if I apply MD/PhD and MD? Also, should my PS have more of a research emphasis than normal? Any help would be tremendous!

Thanks
 
I am writing my PS right now, and I was wondering if my PS should be different if I apply MD/PhD and MD? Also, should my PS have more of a research emphasis than normal? Any help would be tremendous!

Thanks

Your PS should be able to stand on its own and satisfy MD admissions committees - i.e. answer "why medicine?" If part of that answer is research, great, but you still need to convey in interest in clinical medicine.

Your MD/PhD essay should address why you want both degrees and how you intend to use the training in your future career.

That's what I did, and it seemed to work.